Quick Links

Student Work


Work” is defined in the CIC Regulations as an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned, OR that competes directly with activities of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in the Canadian labour market.

NOTE: "work" includes "unpaid employment undertaken for the purpose of obtaining work experience, such as an internship or practicum normally done by a student." (see CIC website)

Find out more about:

On & Off-Campus Work

Work Permit Application Guide

Co-op & Internship Work Permits

Social Insurance Numbers

Post-Graduation Work Permits

Quebec Labour Standards

Open Work Permits for Spouses

Current opportunities at ISS

Tax Information

Job search tools & resources (CaPS)