ISS is available virtually and in-person Mondays-Fridays during business hours.
Please review the official government resources below before reviewing the FAQs. Many answers to your questions can be found on Immigration Canada's and Immigration Quebec's websites.
The COVID-19 measures introduced by the Government of Canada, including those affecting travel to Canada, can change from day to day. It is important to keep up to date with these changes by consulting official government websites (links below) regularly. It is possible that the measures in place right now may not be the measures that will be in place in the coming days or weeks. For example, measures related to travel could be more or less restrictive moving forward.
Quick Reference Guide for International Students:
- CBSA e-pamphlet for new international students arriving for the Fall cohort
- IRCC: COVID-19: Travel, Testing, Quarantine and Borders
- IRCC: COVID-19: Assess your Quarantine Plan
- COVID-19 vaccinated travellers entering Canada
- Travel restrictions and exemptions for international students
- COVID-19: Designated learning institutions reopening to international students
- Update on travel restriction exemptions for international students (see our Entering Canada webpage for more information)
- Biometrics exemption for temporary residence applicants in Canada
- Facilitative measures to support international students affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 & How your Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) eligibility is affected
- MIFI will automatically extend CAQs until December 31, 2020 for certain students (link to our news page)
- What to do if your student status will expire or has expired (see ISS News)
- Impact of COVID-19 on IRCC offices and Visa Application Centers
- Impact of COVID-19 on biometrics
- MIFI (Immigration Quebec) COVID-19 FAQs
- COVID-19: Travel restriction measures
- Important FAQs on how COVID-19 is affecting business at IRCC
This site provides answers to questions about how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting things like your ability to travel and the processing of immigration applications. See the quick reference guide above for information on the most relevant topics for international students.
- CBSA – important message on flagpoling
- General processing measures: COVID-19 program delivery
- Temporary residence: COVID-19 program delivery
- Processing changes for visas due to COVID-19
- IRCC processing times
Heath and Safety Guidelines:
- IRCC instructions for travelers arriving in Canada from Abroad (COVID-19: Travel restrictions, exemptions and advice)
- Information for travellers without symptoms of COVID-19 returning to Canada
*List of resources will be updated regularly
------------------------ Last updated 12.1.2021