We are happy to announce that 80% of uPrint machines have been replaced by new Xerox Altalink color printers. The remaining 20 % of these machines will be replaced in May 2021.
Read about uPrint campus printing in the IT Knowledge Base.
Original message posted September 8, 2020
A brand new fleet of uPrint machines is coming soon to your department!
We are happy to announce that starting September and continuing over the coming months, the entire uPrint fleet will be replaced with state-of-the-art Xerox Altalink color printers from the brand new C81XX series.
The new printers will have the same functionality as the current ones, but with improved quality, performance and usability. Here are some of the functionalities that will be available:
- Secure printing from anywhere on campus to any campus uPrint machine
- Printing from a mobile device
- Print job retention for 72 hours on a secured server
- “Print and copy” charges billed back directly to a FOAPAL
- Document scanning and sending to an email address
- Stapling and sorting capability
- Default double-sided printing
- Default monochrome copying
Pricing for faculty, staff and students remain unchanged. Pricing includes the cost of:
- Toner and staples, replenished by the Xerox technicians
- Service and maintenance
- On-line monitoring of equipment by Xerox
- Network jacks
- Live on-line reports on Minerva detailing cost and number of impressions per user
Deployment will be done in 2 phases:
- September to December 2020 – 80 % of units
- May 2021 - the remaining 20 % of units
We will inform building directors in advance with the specific timeline, location and downtime details. They will share this information with building occupants as per standard practice.
Stay tuned for further communications.