Recruitment for Winter 2021 is now closed.
What is the focus of the program?
Training the next generation of leaders to catalyze solutions that benefit population health and welfare through research and diverse learning opportunities that focus on how social conditions affect health and well-being.
Who is it for?
- McGill undergraduate and graduate students.
What do students do?
- They are paired with IHSP faculty and staff, and spend 10-15 hours per week on a project defined by their supervisor
- Students meet with their supervisor regularly
- As a cohort, students attend training sessions for 1 to 2 hours every week
Where and when does it take place?
- At the IHSP (Charles Meredith House). The Program runs twice per year (Fall and Winter semesters).
- Please note: Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, weekly training sessions will be held virtually.
How much is the award?
How many awards are available?
- 7-11 internship projects are offered in both the Fall and Winter terms
The Institute for Health and Social Policy (IHSP) Internship program trains and develops the next generation of leaders to catalyze solutions that benefit population health and welfare. The program offers research opportunities and diverse training that build on the strengths of graduate and undergraduate education at McGill University in investigating how social conditions affect health and well-being. A major component of the internship is the work carried out in collaboration with a supervisor, while a weekly seminar/workshop series exposes interns to a variety of disciplines and provides training in translating research into policy.
Through hands-on experience in a research setting, interns will participate in a vibrant academic environment, learn how to communicate research findings to the media or general public, and gain insight into different disciplinary approaches. Students will develop their professional network by interacting with fellow interns, graduate students, faculty and staff at the IHSP.
For inquiries regarding the internship program, please contact the Student Affairs Administrator by studentadmin.ihsp [at] mcgill.ca (email).