This workshop offers an introduction to EDI principles in the establishment and maintenance of research teams. Best practices will be explored with a focus on team composition and recruitment processes, training and development opportunities, and approaches to inclusion. Problem solving exercises will be used to develop competencies in these areas. Common problems arising on research teams will also be identified and situated within McGill policy and procedural contexts.
By attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Build capacity in applying EDI principles to the research ecosystem
- Develop skills in establishing and maintaining respectful and inclusive research teams
- Identify common problem areas and applicable policies and guidelines
- Improve EDI related grant writing skills
- Locate internal and external resources to support the inclusion of EDI principles on research team
Register using the online form.