Now Accepting Student Applications
IGSF-IHSP Policy Lab - Gender and Rights in a Digital Age
Institute for Gender, Sexuality and Feminist Studies/Institute for Health and Social Policy
Application Deadline: MARCH 14, 2022 | 23:59 (11:59 pm).
Recruitment is now open for IGSF-IHSP Policy Lab Graduate Awards. The Policy Lab is a partnership with Oxfam US, the Institute for Gender, Sexuality and Feminist Studies (Faculty of Arts) and the Institute for Health and Social Policy (SPGH, Faculty of Medicine). The McGill team will be led by Prof. Vanessa Ceia (IGSF) and Prof. Natalie Stoljar (IGSF and IHSP).
Applications from McGill MA and PhD students from all disciplines are welcome. Research background in at least one of gender studies, human rights, public policy or technology studies is required.
- Graduate-level students across all departments and disciplines.
- Must be enrolled in MA or PhD program at McGill.
- Must have a demonstrated interest and background related to the project.
- Review and, where appropriate, amend, write, and validate Oxfam’s existing policies related to human rights in a digital age.
- Participate in weekly project meetings with faculty leads and policy mentors. Participate in training sessions as necessary.
- As part of the team, prepare the final deliverable, which will be a compendium of recommended policy changes.
Period of award and time commitment:
- March 21, 2022 until June 3, 2022 (15 weeks)
- Maximum of 6 hours per week for the first 3 weeks and maximum of 15 hours per week thereafter.
- Stipend of $4000 or $5000 (depending on how many awards are allocated)
- Brief cover letter explaining background, relevant experience and how applicant will be able to support the project
- Name and email of two academic references
Submit your application by email to Andrew Folco, Administrative Officer, Institute for Gender, Sexuality and Feminist Studies: andrew.folco [at] mcgill.ca.
For information, contact Prof. Natalie Stoljar, Director, Institute for Gender, Sexuality and Feminist Studies: Email: natalie.stoljar [at] mcgill.ca.