Employment equity is a commitment to a fair chance in the workplace. It strives to ensure that no one is denied an opportunity for employment or advancement for reasons unrelated to their abilities.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, women and others who may contribute to diversification. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Employment equity is also a series of initiatives designed to remove discrimination from the workplace.
To achieve this aim, initiatives such as review of policies, procedures and practices to determine if anything discriminatory might be affecting employment opportunities for the targeted groups are set in action.
The Employment equity study covers the persons employed by the University. A simple survey of the community is all that is required.
- The survey will consist of four simple “Yes” or “No” questions.
- Survey results are strictly confidential and will be used solely for the mandated workforce study. The surveys will be shredded once the analysis of the information is completed.
- The Employment Equity Administrator and the Director, Shared Services in Human Resources, are the only two individuals with access to Employment Equity information. Reports produced will be statistical and non-nominative.
- Completing the survey is essential to provide a clear picture of the McGill community and to ensure the success of the exercise.
Please view/complete your Employment Equity Survey on line at Minerva
How to get there
- Go to www.mcgill.ca/minerva-faculty-staff
- Click on the Login to Minerva icon or follow the on-screen directions
- Log in to Minerva with your McGill ID Number and PIN
- Choose Employee Menu
Need help? Click on the Help link at the top right of the Minerva Login screen. If you do not know your PIN, call IT Customer Services at (514) 398-3398.
See or download the Employment Equity Policy www.mcgill.ca/files/secretariat/Employment-Equity-Policy.pdf