High marks for Summer Fridays, tuition waivers, parental leave top-ups and much more.
For the eighth year in a row, McGill has been named one of Montreal’s Top Employers.
Mediacorp, which rates leading employers across Canada, cited a wide range of factors for McGill’s lofty ranking – including its staff fitness program, athletics facilities, green urban campus and extended parental leave offered over-and-above the regular provincial plan.
Other key benefits of working at McGill include:
- Reduced summer hours (Summer Fridays)
- A paid holiday break
- Optional deferred salary leave (paid leaves, funded by salary deferred over a period of time).
- On-site daycare
- A green, expansive work environment, ranking among Canada’s “most beautiful urban campuses” – both downtown and at Macdonald
- A generous vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Health and dental insurance
- Life insurance coverage equalling one year of salary, with additional optional coverage
“An achievement we can all be proud of”
“Eight years in a row – that’s an achievement we can all be proud of,” said Lynne B. Gervais, Associate Vice-Principal (Human Resources). “We’ve always attracted top-notch applicants – not just from Montreal, but also from across Canada. McGill is known not just as a great place to study, but also to build a career.”
“This sort of recognition is wonderful,” Gervais said, “but McGill offers so many additional things that cannot be ranked or quantified – like the opportunity to work and grow alongside some of the world’s leading scholars. Almost daily, there’s a new McGill discovery in the headlines, and McGill’s employees do a lot to support this exceptional mission.”
This year, Mediacorp recognized 30 organizations as Montreal Top Employers, and selected them according to eight main criteria:
- Physical Workplace
- Work Atmosphere & Social
- Health, Financial & Family Benefits
- Vacation & Time Off
- Employee Communications
- Performance Management
- Training & Skills Development
- Community Involvement