Take some time for yourself on this day because you deserve a break to learn about health and wellness
Virtual Health Fair October 21st (10:00am-3:00pm)
McGill employees will connect with exhibitors to learn about health and wellness from a list of experts. All participants in the fair will enter into a draw to win a selection of amazing prizes including 2 passes to Strom Spa and a Fitbit
Registration is open! Sign-in and view each booth, save resources and book with exhibitors for October 21st.
- Click on this link to access the fair page
- Set up an event profile by clicking on attendee sign-in. Create a profile by using your McGill email
- *Note- if you created an account for the 2020 virtual health fair, it will recognize your credentials. If you do not remember your password, follow the steps to reset.
- Once you have created your profile, you can then browse the exhibitor booths and begin booking sessions.
- As you begin booking video chats, the sessions will be added in your agenda in the Home Page of the event site.
- Test your browser video room to ensure that everything works smoothly in advance of the fair
- For any questions- email healthandwellbeing.hr [at] mcgill.ca
2021 Health Fair Virtual Booths to visit
- Anxiety Canada - Offering free resources and tools, developed by psychologists, and based on the foundation of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). Attend a session by a mental health professional on anxiety.
- Campus Public Safety - Learn about what they have been doing to ensure a safe and healthy campus
- Department of Kinesiology - Meet with these experts to learn about the physical and psychological benefits of exercise and physical activity.
- Diabetes Quebec - Learn about resources and trainings available around prevention and diabetes management
- Employee and Family Assistance Program - Learn about LifeWorks and how they can help when you are experiencing any type of difficulty- covering all of life's daily troubles- financial, physical, mental or social.
- Ergonomic Office Set-Up - Meet with an expert to receive suggestions for setting up your home or office workstation
- Equity Team - The Equity Team in the Office of the Provost provides advising, support and programming in the areas of Equity Education, Employment Equity, Equity Complaints and Research Equity. Visit with them to learn more about the many initiatives they are working on to ensure a healthy McGill community. Drop by to learn about the many wellness resources for BIPOC employees.
- Health & Well-Being Program - Learn about the many health and well-being resources, challenges and events available to all McGill employees as a part of this program
- McGill IT Services: Enjoy peace of mind while using technology! McGill IT Services helps you stay safe and connected in our increasingly online world.
- Manulife Financial - Learn about submitting health and dental claims online and accessing relevant information about your claims.
- McGill School of Human Nutrition - Visit their booth for tips, strategies, and resources to choose foods that are good for you and good for the planet. Take part in their CHALLENGES from now until October 31st and win 2 great prizes! nutrition_challenge_health_fair_2021.pdf
- McGill Office of Sustainability - A sustainable environment is also a component of health and wellbeing. Learn about sustainability at McGill and how can you get involved in this important initiative.
- McGill Staff & Student Dental Clinic - Are you looking for a dentist in Montreal? Learn about their services and ask an expert!
- MHW- My Healthy Workplace - Discover the many offerings of MHW and find out more about one of the top five priorities of the Principal
- Organizational Development - Discover Organizational Development's various services and developmental offerings.
- The McGill University Research Centre for Studies in Aging - The McGill University Research Centre for Studies in Aging-Learn about the Centre's research and free knowledge transfer (KT) outreach activities
- The McGill Library- Visit their booth to find out about the countless online resources, recordings, games and more related to health, wellness, and de-stressing.
- Staff Fitness, McGill Athletics & Recreation - Visit them to learn the many opportunities for staff and faculty to engage in a variety of activities and learn about their Sports Medicine Clinic services.
- Sunlife Financial - Financial health is also an important component of health and wellbeing. Learn about the voluntary savings plan, the mobile app and ask an expert.
- Women's Healthy Heart Initiative - Come and visit an expert to be aware of the prevention, signs and symptoms of Heart Disease
Curated by the Health and Well-Being Program - This resource guide is a compilation of resources around health and well-being, including those offered by various exhibitors from the 2021 Virtual Health Fair