NeuroSphere works with other groups at McGill and collaborates with external programs to promote innovation and encourage researchers to consider translational projects. Strategies that NeuroSphere employs include:
- Organizing workshops and training sessions for the McGill neuroscience research community to allow both faculty members and trainees to develop skills, expertise and experience related to innovation and entrepreneurship
- Offering scholarships to trainees to allow them to participate to events and programs related to innovation and entrepreneurship
- Offering awards to trainees to promote internships in neuroscience industry
- Promoting connections between researchers to explore innovative, translational ideas across disciplines
- Mentoring activities
This online learning learning platform currently offers one course, Introduction to Nero Entrepreneurship. The course is split across three hours of video lessons taught by NeuroTechX's Yannick Roy and Adam Sefler, and can be completed at the participant's own pace. Made possible thanks to the financial support of the Ministère de l’Économie et Innovation (MEI) and the technical support of NeuroHub.
Neuroscience LEAN Startup Program
The McGill Neuroscience LEAN Startup Program, presented in collaboration with the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship, is tailored specifically for neuroscience innovators. The program is designed to take participants from the idea stage to developing and launching a viable startup, while immersing them in the world of entrepreneurship.
"Lab to Patient" Webinar Series
January 28, 2021, presented with Charles Rivers Laboratories: The Basics of Moving Your CNS Therapeutic from Lab to Patient (See presentation slides from the event)
March 11, 2021, presented with NeuroTechX: Getting Your Neuro Medical Device from Lab to Patient (See presentation slides from the event)
Scholarships to the Life Sciences Entrepreneurship Development Program (LSEDP): Three trainees were awarded scholarships for the LSEDP in 2021. Participants in this annual immersive and experiential training program learned cutting-edge managerial techniques and strategies to develop and grow an innovative business. Divided into 10 intensive two-day modules, participants gained more than 150 hours of relevant strategic guidance and instruction. The competition for this program occurs every December.
- Eight teams participated in the Neuroscience LEAN Startup Program:
- 8 Bit Cortex
- ARC (Activities for Reading Comprehension)
- C-BIG Repository
- Nurau Inc.
- ePRS cluster
- Co-organization of Neuroprosthetics 2020: Virtual Summer School
- Co-organization of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Researchers event
- Co-organization of Health Startup Day 2020
- Co-organization of NeuroTech Buzz In Review 2020
- Three trainees awarded with scholarships for Life Sciences Entrepreneurship Development Program
- Five trainees awarded with scholarships for the MEDTEQ Innovation Summit Admission