Submitting Official Documents from Institutions in the People’s Republic of China

You have been directed to this page because you have received an offer of admission to a graduate program at McGill University, and action is needed to verify the academic credentials that you submitted to McGill during the application process.

You submitted academic records that originated from institutions in the People’s Republic of China. McGill has entered into an agreement with the Center for Student Services and Development, Ministry of Education, P.R. China (CSSD) to verify and electronically transmit your academic records to us. We ask that you contact China Higher Education Student Information (CHSI) and request that your transcripts and degree certificate(s), if applicable, be sent to McGill.

In order to fulfil your conditions of admission, McGill requires that you provide the following electronically from CHSI:

  1. Final Official Transcripts – English and Chinese
  2. Degree Certificate(s) – English only

Paper documents from students will not be accepted.

Please note that if you have attended an institution in a special administrative region (e.g. Hong Kong) you will not be able to request your credentials to be sent via CHSI. Please have your institution send these documents directly to McGill by mail.

Instructions on how to request your records can be viewed on the CHSI website.

To ensure ample time for processing of your academic credentials, we strongly recommend that you make the request for submission of your documents as early as possible.

Back to top