Hiring Unit: Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Job Title: Academic Affairs Officer
Hours of work: 33.75 hours/week
Start date: as soon as possible
Duration: two months from the start date with possibility of an extension
Primary Duties: Under the direction of the Director and Dean, the incumbent will:
- Administer the administrative process related to policy and program review. Apply policies and provide advice to faculties/departments regarding graduate programs.
- Provide guidance and advice to the University community for the development, and implementation of graduate courses, programs, and other academic initiatives.
- Review course and program proposals.
- Monitor and review existing programs and courses.
- Implement administrative procedures, policies and processes related to joint degrees (cotutelles). Provide advice to faculties and units with respect to cotutelles.
- Administer and oversee the graduate sections of the e-Calendar.
- Provide advice to the Dean about problematic situations and deadlines and make recommendations related to programs and cotutelles.
- Oversee the organization of the Council meetings. Review and finalize Council meeting agendas in consultation with the Dean.
Graduate degree an asset. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Strong attention to detail. Proven analytical, planning, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to work autonomously and efficiently. Ability to work well in a teamwork environment. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure on multiple projects and to prioritize and meet strict deadlines with limited supervision. Experience in supporting graduate programs. Demonstrated ability to work in a MS Office. Languages: English and French (spoken and written).
Please send your curriculum vitae to Muriel Auberger at muriel.auberger [at] mcgill.ca