|Program||PGS D||CGS D|
(up to 3 years)
(up to 3 years)
|Deadline||To be determined by Academic Unit|
|How to Apply||Please submit a hard copy of the online application and all supporting documents to your Academic Unit by the deadline. See below for more details.|
|Apply to||All applicants who are registered in, or on an approved leave from, a degree program at McGill for this CURRENT Fall Term apply through their Academic Unit at McGill.|
All applicants who are not registered at a university in this CURRENT Fall Term, but who graduated from McGill between January-December of this CURRENT YEAR, should apply through their most recent Academic Unit at McGill. If you are a postdoc or are registered at another university in this CURRENT Fall Term, you should either apply directly to NSERC or the university in which you are registered for this CURRENT Fall Term. Consult the NSERC web site for more details and deadline dates.
|Contact||Please contact your Academic Unit or consult the NSERC website.|
|Notes||All applications are for a PGS program. The highest-ranked PGS applicants will automatically be considered by NSERC for a CGS.|
To be considered eligible for support, as of the application deadline date:
- See Eligibility Criteria on the NSERC webpage
- Have obtained a first-class grade point average (3.5 or higher) in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent = 24 credits).
- Students in a qualifying year of study are not eligible to receive scholarship support however, this is when you would apply for the following year(s).
Students seeking support for interdisciplinary research in areas covered by more than one of NSERC, CIHR and SSHRC (for example, research in Biomedical Engineering) should consult with one of the granting agencies well before any applicable deadlines.
How to Apply
- Online at NSERC website
- Obtain the name of the appointed fellowships coordinator of the Academic Unit (person in your who is responsible for uploading your transcript file).
- Online application form (must register first)
- ALL university levely transcripts (including transcripts from transfer credits) McGill transcript ordering information
If you have been awarded the above fellowship, please refer to Accepting, activating, and maintaining your award. Among other items, this page contains links to the NSERC Award Holder's Guide and Progress Report Form. The deadlines for these items are as follows:
|Award Start Date||Activation/Payment
|May 1||Apr 15||Apr 15|
|Sep 1||Jul 15 (in-course)
Aug 5 (new)
|Jan 1||Dec 1||Dec 1|