Value & Duration
- PGS D: $21,000/yr (for up to 3 years)
- CGS D: $35,000/yr (for up to 3 years)
Fall Semester to be determined by Academic Unit
- Interdisciplinary Research
- How to Apply
- Required Documents
- Additional Resources
- Post-Award Information
To be considered eligible for support, as of the application deadline date:
- See Eligibility Criteria on the NSERC webpage
- Students in a qualifying year of study are not eligible to receive scholarship support however, this is when you would apply for the following year(s).
Students seeking support for interdisciplinary research in areas covered by more than one of NSERC, CIHR and SSHRC (for example, research in Biomedical Engineering) should consult with one of the granting agencies well before any applicable deadlines.
How to Apply
Please submit a hard copy of the online application and all supporting documents to your Academic Unit by the deadline.
- Online at NSERC website
- Obtain the name of the appointed fellowships coordinator of the Academic Unit (person in your Unit responsible for uploading your transcript file).
Where to Submit Application
- All applicants who are registered in, or on an approved leave from, a degree program at McGill for thisCURRENTFall Term apply through their Academic Unitat McGill.
- All applicants who are not registered at a university in thisCURRENTFall Term, but who graduated from McGill between January-December of thisCURRENT YEAR, should apply through their most recent Academic Unitat McGill. If you are a postdoc or are registered at another university in thisCURRENTFall Term, you should either apply directly to NSERC or the university in which you are registered for thisCURRENTFall Term. Consultthe NSERC web sitefor more details and deadline dates.
- Online application form (must register first)
- ALL university level transcripts (including transcripts from transfer credits) McGill transcript ordering information
If you have been awarded the above fellowship, please refer to Getting Paid & Maintaining Fellowship . Among other items, this page contains links to the NSERC Award Holder's Guide and Progress Report Form. The deadlines for these items are as follows:
|Award Start Date||Activation/Payment
|May 1||Apr 15||Apr 15|
|Sep 1||Jul 15 (in-course)
Aug 5 (new)
|Jan 1||Dec 1||Dec 1|
Notes: All applications are for a PGS program. The highest-ranked PGS applicants will automatically be considered by NSERC for a CGS.
For more information,please contact your Academic Unit or consult the NSERC website.