On January 27th, 2020, McGill signed an agreement with the Institute of Finance and Information for Education from the State of Guanajuato (EDUCAFIN) to co-sponsor Mexican students from the state of Guanajuato enrolled in a Master's Thesis Program or PhD at McGill. The agreement aims at attracting top Mexican students to pursue graduate studies at Canada’s leading research-intensive university.
Value & Duration
EDUCAFIN will provide annual funding for the following:
- McGill tuition at the Quebec Resident rate
- Program/ancillary fees
- Health and living insurance
- A stipend, paid directly to the student each month, to cover living expenses
- Return airfare
McGill, in turn, will cover the tuition differential between the International and the Quebec Resident rate (International supplements), and an annual top-up of 5,000 CAD for the duration of the scholarship.
Funding is provided for a maximum period of two (2) years for thesis-based Master’s students or PhD students.
|Competition Announcement||May 20th, 2020|
|Start of Application Period||May 20th, 2020|
|End of Application Period||June 18th, 2020|
|Review Period||June 24th-June 30th, 2020|
|Results Announcement||July 1st, 2020|
The website will be updated when 2021 competitions open.
McGill eligibility criteria:
- Must be a citizen of Mexico
- Meet all of McGill's requirements for admission to a graduate program (including academic performance and English requirements)
- Must received an Offer of Admission from McGill graduate research program falling under the eligible areas of knowledge updated each year by EDUCAFIN. Click here for more information on how to apply to McGill.
EDUCAFIN eligibility criteria:
- Must be Guanajuatense or a resident of the State of Guanajuato for at least three years.
- To remain eligible for the EDUCAFIN-McGill Scholarships, Scholars must make satisfactory academic progress as defined in the relevant policies of McGill.
- Please consult the "Talentos de Exportación" call for applications in May for more information.
Please note that not all thesis Master's and PhD programs are eligible for funding by EDUCAFIN, and it is the applicant's responsibility to check for eligibility requirements from both EDUCAFIN and McGill.
- Manufacturing and Technology
- Agro and Farming: Agro Genetics
- Administration and Business Management
- Health Sciences
- Education and Social Development
- Natural and Exact Sciences
- Electrical Networks and Energy Management
- Road Transportation
- Mining and Mineral Resource Processing
- Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology
- Geriatrics and Gerontology
- Automated Learning (Machine Learning)
- Human Rights and Development
- International Relations and Development
- Human Resources and Society
- Science of Data and Big Data
- Computer Languages
- App Design
- Business and Innovation
- Crime science and Public Safety
- Math and Physics
- Renewable Energies
- Environmental Studies
Please note that it is the applicant's responsibility to check for eligibility requirements EDUCAFIN.
Candidates must apply directly to EDUCAFIN.
EDUCAFIN recipients are required to apply to the External DFWs offered by the Government of Quebec, via AMEXCID. Deadlines are usually in August and March.
Deadline May 8th, 2020.