On July 30th, 2019, McGill proudly signed an agreement with the Organization of American States (OAS) to co-sponsor students enrolled in a Master's Thesis Program or PhD at McGill University. The agreement aims at selecting and supporting outstanding students in the Americas to study at Canada's leading research-intensive University, through the OAS Academic Scholarship Program.
Value & Duration
OAS will provide annual funding of 10,000 USD per student per academic year to cover the following:
- McGill tuition at the Quebec Resident rate
- Program/ancillary fees
- Health insurance
- Monthly complementary subsistence allowance
McGill, in turn, will cover the International Supplement of new OAS recipients for the full length of the duration of the scholarship. For PhDs, the department/supervisor must provide a standard departmental funding package. If the funding application is successful, the funding from OAS will be deducted from the package. For Master's Thesis, the department/supervisor must provide a minimum annual top-up of 5,000 CAD.
Funding is provided for a maximum period of two (2) years for Master’s students, and the first two (2) years for PhD students.
|Competition Announcement||April 2021|
|Start of Application Period||April 2021|
|End of Application Period||Check application deadlines with your ONE|
|Results Announcement||September 2021|
- Apply and satisfy the selection criteria set out by their home country's National Liaison Office ("ONE")
- Satisfy the selection criteria set out by OAS, as stated in their annual call for applications (visit their website for more information)
- Receive an offer of admission from a McGill graduate research program falling under the eligible areas of knowledge
Scholarship candidates must apply separately to the ONE, OAS, and McGill University. Click here for more information on the application process.