Value & Duration
BNCMRC Scholars will be provided with $50,000 CAD per year to cover the cost of the following:
- McGill tuition (for PhD students only)
- Program/ancillary fees ( for PhD students only)
- Health and dental insurance
- A stipend for living expenses
- Return airfare
Funding is provided for a maximum period of four (4) years.
|Competition Announcement||September 2020|
|Deadline for students and postdocs to apply to McGill||January 15, May 15 and October 15 of each year for the Fall, Winter and Summer terms, respectively|
|Deadline for students and postdocs to apply for BNCMRC funding||December 15, April 15 and September 15 for Fall, Winter and Summer terms|
|BNCMRC confirms selected Scholars||April 15, August 15 and December 15 for Fall Winter and Summer terms|
|McGill makes last admission decision||May 15, September 15 and January 15 for Fall Winter and Summer terms|
|Results Announcement||May 21, October 1 and February 4 for Fall, Winter and Summer terms|
McGill eligibility criteria:
- Must be a citizen of Bangladesh
- Satisfy the selection criteria set out by BNCMRC
- For postdoctoral fellows: meet all of McGill's eligibility requirements for postdoctoral fellows
- For PhD students: meet all of McGill's requirements for admission to a PhD program ( including academic performance and English requirements) and receive an offer of admission from McGill. Click here for more information on how to apply to McGill.
- Field of study must be in the biomedical sciences or related discipline at McGill
- To remain eligible for the Bangladesh-McGill Scholarships, Scholars at the doctoral level must make satisfactory academic progress defined in the relevant policies of McGill
BNCMRC eligibility criteria:
- Successful candidates must return to Bangladesh upon completion of their doctoral studies or postdoctoral training at McGill, for the same number of years as their scholarship support.
Please note that it is the applicant's responsibility to check for eligibility requirements from both BNCMRC and McGill.
- Candidates shall apply to McGill directly for admission and specify in their applications that they are applying through the Bangladesh-McGill Scholarships program
- Candidates shall simultaneously apply to BNCMRC for funding under the Bangladesh-McGill Scholarships, following the procedures set by BNCMRC
- More details TBD.
The start time of this program has been delayed. We will update the website when the first competition opens.