The 2018 Call for Papers for the Donald A. Henderson Prize is now closed. The award recipients will be announced at Global Health Night on November 6, 2018.
Established in 2016 to recognize outstanding, published research in the global health field by junior faculty appointed in the Faculty of Medicine, McGill University. Two $500 awards (with plaques) will be given at Global Health Night, November 6 2018.
Dr. Donald A. Henderson was instrumental in the eradication of smallpox worldwide. Read about his legacy here.
The papers submitted or nominated for the competition will be evaluated based on 3 criteria:
- The importance of the topic,
- The quality of the research study,
- The significance or potential impact of the published research.
- Peer reviewed, original research publications which were published between September 1, 2017-August 31, 2018 are eligible. Accepted publications are not eligible, but if a paper is published early online (i.e. ahead of print) and can be downloaded, then it is eligible.
- Review articles and editorials are excluded.
- The published work must identify the author as a McGill faculty member in the Faculty of Medicine. The faculty member must be at the lecturer or assistant professor level and must be either the first author or corresponding author.
- Each nomination should be based on only 1 publication.
- Applicants from varying specialties within global health, including but not limited to medicine, nursing, health sciences, humanities, epidemiology, public health, and health policy are encouraged to apply.
- Please apply using the form below. Publications for consideration can be submitted by the publication’s author, a peer, or the department chair.
- Submit a brief paragraph about how the paper meets the 3 criteria. (500 words max)
- Attach a pdf of the published paper that is being nominated.
Nominations must be received by October 7, 2018 11:59PM.