Please find below updates regarding the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on GHP activities, and other information relevant to the GHP community.
- The McGill Global Health Program team continues to work remotely until further notice. The best way to reach us is via email.
- McGill Global Health Programs endorses Joint CCGHR-CSIH Statement and Call to Action: Defeating COVID-19 calls for global solidarity, not a vaccine power play
- McGill Summer Institute 2021: Online - Registration is now open.
- Fall 2020 Travel Awards: Postponed until further notice - We are running the new Global Health MDCM Student Research Awards and the Global and Local Community Awards.
- McGill Global Health Scholars:
- Undergraduate Program: Due to COVID-19 directives set by McGill University and the Quebec Government, it is probable that the 2021 cohort of Global Health Undergraduate Scholars will need to complete their work remotely. It is also plausible that students working on a project (that includes travel) may be able to travel to the research site location at some point during summer 2021. All projects will include a remote work plan as well as an on-site work plan for students.
- Graduate Program: Due to the COVID-19 directives set by McGill University and the Quebec Government, it is probable that the 2021 cohort of Global Health Scholars - Graduate program will need to complete their work remotely. It is also plausible that students may be able to travel to their research site at some point between May 2021 and April 2022.
- McGill Global Health Outreach Projects: Due to COVID-19 directives set forth by McGill University and the Quebec Government, it is probable that the 2021 cohort of the Global Health Outreach Projects Program will need to complete their work remotely.
COVID-19 Related Insights from former GHP Director, Dr. Madhukar Pai:
- COVID-19 Coronavirus And Tuberculosis: We Need A Damage Control Plan (Forbes)
- AIDS, TB And Malaria: Coronavirus Threatens The Endgame (Forbes)
- BCG Against Coronavirus: Less Hype And More Evidence, Please (Forbes)
- A Skeptic’s Guide To Ecologic Studies During A Pandemic (Forbes)
- 'Covidisation' of academic research: opportunities and risks (Nature Microbiology Community Blog)
- Can We Reimagine Global Health In The Post-Pandemic World? (Forbes)
- AIDS, TB And Malaria Set To Get Deadlier Due To Coronavirus (Forbes)
- Fighting The Good Fight: Outbreak Lessons From Kerala And Malaysia (Forbes)
- Covidization of research: what are the risks? (Nature Medicine)
- Journalists Need To Get It Right: Epidemiology Training Can Help (Forbes)
- As We Fight The Coronavirus Pandemic, We Cannot Ignore Non-Communicable Diseases (Forbes)
Additional COVID-19 Resources:
- McGill Coronavirus (COVID-19) Help and information
- McGill Faculty of Medicine COVID-19 updates
- McGill Checks-in COVID-19 Alumni webcast series
- COVID-19 related Grants and Opportunities list compiled by the Meakins-Christie Laboratories
- World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 updates
- Santé Montréal
- Santé Québec
- Santé Québec COVID-19 FAQ
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) – COVID-19 for Health Professionals