Step 1: Review the following application information for this program:
Components of Application
In addition to completing the application form (below), please submit a single PDF file containing all of the following:
- Copy of unofficial transcript - include the current term, even if grades have not been assigned.
- Max 3 pages, 11 pt font, single-spaced
- Your essay should respond to the following questions (1-5):
- Students can select up to two projects to apply to for this program. Please explain your interest in the project(s) you want to apply to?
- How does your past experience and interests make you a good match for the project(s) you selected?
- How will working on this project help you advance your academic and career goals?
- The research and education components of our program require students to attend a number of events, course(s) and seminars during the academic year, as outlined in the Conditions for Participation section of the GHS Undergraduates main page. Given the time commitment, are you in a position to complete the program from start to finish?
- Due to COVID-19 and related travel restrictions, the projects offered this year are primarily designed to be conducted either locally (in Montreal) or remotely. For projects that are meant to include travel, there is a strong likelihood that travel will not become possible during the project timeframe, and thus work will have to be completed remotely. Please discuss how you would approach the remote-working scenario.
All applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
1. Suitability for project
|The applicant meets the requirements specified by the faculty member in the call for applications and makes the case for their suitability to work on the chosen project.|
|2. Capacity for excellence||The applicant demonstrates the capacity for excellence based on their academic track record, leadership in the domain, and skills required for their choice of project.|
|3. Suitability for program||Overall interest in the student in the complete program (including trainings) and perceived engagement for the year-long program.|