Students interested in applying for the Barbados field course held over reading week in winter 2023 GEOG 496: Geographical Excursion are invited to email an application to the Instructor as outlined below. Selection is based on four main factors: program, GPA, application statement, and date the application is received.
The application should be a Word attachment. Please use BARBADOS 496 2023 – your name as both the SUBJECT LINE for the email and the FILE NAME of the attachment. Email to tom.meredith [at] mcgill.ca.
The attachment should include, in this order,
- your name, email contact, program and year,
- CGPA or GPA from last two terms (and add a note of explanation if you believe your GPA is not an accurate reflection of your actual academic ability).
- whether or not your program requires a field course,
- a short application statement (150 word max) addressing
- how the field course would contribute to your academic program,
- what you would hope to get from the field course, and
- what you think you could contribute to the field study group.
Don't wait, apply now!