Here are some of the ways SHHS has committed to helping you find and enjoy sustainable eating on campus.
Reduced price lunch deal to encourage students to eat less meat and reduce the environmental impact of their diet.
Identifying local, sustainable options in residential dining halls
Local, Mac Farm, MSC, Vegan and Vegetarian meal options are labelled in residential dining halls to educate students to make choices that align with their dietary priorities and needs.
Vegetarian & Vegan options are also available everywhere on campus.
Stars (Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System) with AASHE
- Transparent, self-reporting framework for colleges and universities to measure their sustainability performance
- McGill University received a Gold rating
- SHHS received full points for the “sustainable dining” category
SPE Sanitas Per Escam in Latin or "Health through Food"
- Unique third party certification program that uses science-based criteria in the areas of sourcing and sustainability, nutrition and menu balance and training and transparency
- RVC and NRH dining facilities were both awarded 2 star out of 3 certification. The rating was given based on their fresh salad bar, MSC seafood purchasing, sourcing from Mac Farm, cooking from scratch, fairtrade coffee and teas and daily vegan and vegetarian meal options.