Food and Dining has been recognized for its culinary excellence, leadership and community involvement:
- In 2017 McGill won the award for 2016 Fair Trade Campus of the Year.
- In 2015 McGill set the new Guinness World Record for World's Largest Smoothie.
- In 2014, McGill's A la Carte Event featured the World's Largest Fair Trade Brownie. The event highlighted the University's commitment to sustainability and fair trade initiatives.
- In 2012, McGill set the new Guinness World Record for the largest fruit salad, with the help of over 300 volunteers from the McGill Community.
- Salad Days at McGill (McGill Reporter, 08/28/ 2012
- Salad Days at McGill (Youtube.com, 08/28/2012)
- McGill fait la plus grosse salade de fruits (TVA Nouvelles, 08/28/2012)
- McGill University sets a new world record for biggest fruit salad (CTV News, 08/28/2012)
- McGill prépare la plus grosse salade de fruits, (Canoe.ca, 29/08/2012)
- Montreal’s McGill peels away biggest fruit salad record from U.S. university (The Gazette, 08/29/2012)
- Enormous McGill fruit salad breaks world record, (The Globe and Mail, 29/08/2012)
- McGill University team creates world’s largest fruit salad to capture new record, (Yahoo News, 29/08/2012)
- McGill steals record for biggest fruit salad (Macleans, 08/29/2012)
- UMass Amherst serves 15,291-pound fruit salad, claims Guinness world record (The Boston Globe,09/03/ 2013)
- Kitchens heat up in Iron Chef competition (McGill Reporter, 12/02/2014)
- McGill hosts first ever inter-university Iron Chef competition (Globalnews.ca, 08/02/2014)
- Students cross knives at first inter-university Iron Chef competition (University Affairs, 26/02/2014)
- McGill sets record for World's Largest Smoothie (Montreal Gazette, 09/02/2015)