Laboratory Manager & Course Coordinator
Email: ebrahim.noroozi [at] mcgill.ca
Department of Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry
Macdonald Campus, McGill University
21,111 Lakeshore Rd.
Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec
MSc 1978 (Food & Dairy Chemistry), McGill University
BSc 1972 (Food Science Engineering), Shahid Beheshti University, Iran
Food scientist, chemist, occupational health & safety
Membership in professional and scientific associations
- American Biological Safety Association (ABSA)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Oil Chemistry Society (AOCS)
- American Society for Quality Control (ASQC)
- Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC)
- Canadian Institute of Food Science and Technology (CIFST)
- Institute of Food Technologists (IFT)
Professional Certification and Accreditation
- CRSP, Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (95-Present)
- CFS, The International Food Science Certification Commission, IFT (2013 – Present)
- P. Chem. Ordre des Chimistes du Quebec (89-99)
Honours, Awards and Recognitions
- Governor General Sovereign Medal for Volunteers (SMV), Canada February 2020
- Inaugural Recognition Award, Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP), June 2019
- Iranian Food Scientist of the Year (OHS & Food Safety), IFSTA (to be awarded in March 2019)
- Sustainable Labs Award, McGill University (Awarded on September 14, 2018)
- Scientific Presentation Award, on “Occupational health and safety for food industry professionals” Iran Quality Management Institute” (IQMI), Tehran, Iran May 17, 2016.
- Named “Quebec Best Health & Safety Laboratory Manager”, Corporate Vision Magazine. All Global Media. UK. 2017.
- McGill Principal Administrative & Support Staff Award, McGill University (2013-2014)
- First & Inaugural Safety Ambassador's Award, McGill University (2011 – 2012)
- Departmental Safety Productivity Award, McGill University (2006 – 2007)
- BCRSP National Award 2005
Functions in the Department
Supervise and instruct teaching assistants and students in the laboratory, Pilot Plant or field trips in courses such as: Biophysical Chemistry of Food; Flavor Chemistry; Food Analysis 1 & 2; Food Chemistry 1 & 2; Food Packaging; Food Processing; Food Product Development; Post Harvest Fruit & Vegetable Technology; Quality Assurance; Research Projects; Organic Chemistry; Analytical 1 & 2 Chemistry and Biochemistry 1 & 2.
Administrate, coordinate, operate and maintain teaching laboratory facilities, scientific instrumentation and repair as well as their utilization in the Department.
Coordinate recruitment activities and promote and provide instruction and technical advice to those interested students and public by means of lecturing, workshop, demonstration, etc. within the University or by participating in career fairs, exhibitions, college tours, open houses, etc.
Plan and prioritize budget, purchase, receive, store and organize chemicals, supplies and equipment. Approve and administrate financial transactions and related accounting internally or externally in the computer network.
Manage, plan, design, evaluate and participate in improving "Health & Safety" issues for Department, Faculty and University in Hazardous Waste Management, Fire Prevention, Spill Response, Accident Investigation and Prevention, Inspection, First Aid and CPR, Chemical Storage, etc. to prevent harm to people, property, process and the environment.
- http://www.mcgilltribune.com/sci-tech/ebrahim-noroozi-recognized-for-sustainable- lab-initiatives-210119/