Post-test (Transfer of credits)
What to do after taking the course?
1. Arrange to have one official transcript sent to:
Management of Academic Records
3415 McTavish Street
Canada, H3A 0C8
ATT: Arts Study Away
(Please use the opportunity to order an official transcript for your own record.)
2. Arrange to take a POST-TEST when you have returned to McGill (see FAQ & information below). You may take your post-test along with regular placement test sessions: https://mcgill.ca/flc/registration/placement-tests/placement-tests-dates-0.
3. Bring a detailed outline, including the method of evaluation, for each course, and a student copy of the transcript, to the French Language Centre at the time of the post-test.
FAQ ABOUT POST-TESTS
1. Why do a post-test?
If you took a French Language course at another university and want credits for it, you must take a post-test at our Centre after completion of the course. Transfer of credits is not automatic but pending on the post-test results.
2. Which kind of test is it?
Post-tests have two parts: a written part and an oral part.
3. When and where can I take the test?
There are two possibilities :
a) You intend to take a FRSL course next term :
You go to the Arts Multimedia Language Facility (AMLF), MS-37, McLennan Library Building (basement level), 3459 McTavish Street during scheduled placement tests sessions.
b) You do not intend to take a FRSL course next term :
You go to Ferrier Building when you want after contacting kevin.papin [at] mcgill.ca who will send you appropriate instructions.
For more information concerning these procedures please contact the French Language Centre at 514-398-8896
or kevin.papin [at] mcgill.ca (Prof. Kevin Papin)