Office of the Dean of Students (ODoS)
The Office of the Dean of Students is committed to promoting your success in academic and personal areas. The Dean and his team oversee many areas, including student rights and responsibilities, academic integrity, academic advising, mentoring, the student disciplinary process, crisis response, Aboriginal Affairs, and student recognition.
Office of the Ombudsperson
The Office of the Ombudsperson offers confidential, informal, independent, and impartial dispute resolution services to all members of the student community by providing information, advice, intervention, and referrals.
What they do
- Provides information on University rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in identifying and evaluating options for resolving and managing conflicts and provides help in pursuing those options.
- Refers students to appropriate persons in order to resolve problems.
- Acts as a facilitator between students and other members of the university community.
Legal Information Clinic at McGill (LICM)
The Legal Information Clinic at McGill (LICM) is a non-profit, student-run, bilingual, and free legal information service.
Volunteer positions within LICM are restricted to law students from McGill’s Faculty of Law.
What they do
- Legal Information Clinic for general legal information only by phone-in service or in-person appointment. Deals with most areas of law, with the exception of Criminal law and Tax law.
- Student Advocacy, free advice and representation to students accused of a disciplinary offence (such as plagiarism or cheating) or students who feel unjustly treated by the University. LICM helps students find formal and informal solutions to their problems.
- Commissioner of Oaths.
- Informative presentations on legal topics.