The ACCE Team Program is instrumental in promoting involvement and building community at McGill. This team of students encourage fellow students to get involved in the campus and/or Montreal community, as we know from research and experience that this helps develop students' leadership and life skills as well as enriches their academic career. If you want to:
APPLICATION PERIOD NOW CLOSED. If you are interested in applying to this program next year, click here to be notified!
The ACCE Team Program (Ambassadors for Campus & Community Engagement, formerly the Facilitator Training Program) is a great students-helping-students volunteer program, which gives 25 to 30 students an opportunity to build leadership capacities and life skills in relation to leading workshops, public speaking, peer-coaching and facilitation. The ACCE team is instrumental in promoting involvement. Successful candidates are trained on Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22 and have the opportunity to give workshops starting at the end of March.
Each year, members of our ACCE team develop their leadership skills and sense of self-efficacy within a diverse cohort of like-minded peers through participative group activities, workshops, and more! They tell us about how their experiences have helped them to expand their horizons and gain valuable life skills, all while contributing to the enrichment of McGill’s student life. Our primary goals are to encourage more students to get involved in the campus and/or Montreal community as we know from research and experience that this helps develop one's leadership and life skills as well as enriches one's academic career. A great deal of learning goes on inside the classroom, and there are also many opportunities for learning happening outside the classroom.
Applications to be a member of the A.C.C.E. Team Program were accepted from February 5 until March 13, 2015. If you wish to receive an email when we are recruiting again, click here!
Please note for our next recruitment and application period:
- Interested students must be attending McGill for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Successful candidates need to be available for ACCE Facilitator Training on Saturday, March 19 and Sunday, March 20, 2015 from 10:00 to 16:30 (tbc).
- Each member of the ACCE Team have additional training opportunities to complete in March and April 206 (tba).
- Each member of the ACCE Team will be required to complete the following activities per semester: facilitate two (2) workshops, table for 4.5 hours and give two (2) classroom announcements.
- ACCE Team members must attend additional three (3) training sessions during the 2016/17 academic year - recommended sessions will be offered by the Peer Support Programs and/or the ACCE Team Program.
- Team members receive certificates after completing the program.
*Workshops include Emerging Leader mini-workshops, Core Training for Student Services' volunteers, Orientation Group Leader training and, with additional training Server Training (info coming soon).
If you have questions, please contact Campus Life & Engagement at 514-398-6913 or email: leadership [dot] training [at] mcgill [dot] ca