In order to clarify certain sections of the Payment Request Policy and Procedures , the following updates have been made:
P2.2 Options for Signatures/Approvals provides three options signing/approving and the respective requirements:
Options for Signatures/Approvals
Please note: each option has specific requirements in order to mitigate risks associated with the Payment Request Form/Process.
P2.2.1 FFM/PI/Delegate provides their approval via email (i.e. approval email)
- The Payment Request Form/email sent to paymentrequest [at] mcgill.ca for processing must include the approval email as supporting documentation.
P2.2.2 FFM/PI/Delegate approves/signs using Adobe Fill & Sign
- The Payment Request Form/email sent to paymentrequest [at] mcgill.ca for processing MUST include the FFM/PI/Delegate in the c.c. if they are not the ones submitting the Payment Request.
P2.2.3 FFM/PI/Delegate physically signs the paper Payment Request Form (i.e. wet signature)
- The Payment Request Form/email sent to paymentrequest [at] mcgill.ca for processing includes the wet signature Payment Request Form (scanned) and MUST also include the FFM/PI/Delegate in the c.c. if they are not the ones submitting the Payment Request.
PR1.2 the following bullet point has been clarified:
- One email = one payment request = one invoice/pdf document (even when there are multiple invoices for the same supplier/payee – i.e. if there are three invoices for the same payee, one will need to submit three payment requests/PDF documents for each of the three invoices).
- Please submit questions using the FIS Service Desk Portal (AP-Payment Request option): https://hrservicedesk.mcgill.ca/servicedesk/customer/portal/12
[Message sent out over the FIS listserv]