This message is sent on behalf of Lara Pereira, Controller, Financial Services
In order to expedite the processing of New Fund Requests, effective Thursday April 1, 2021, all Non-Research (Unrestricted, Non-research restricted and Endowment) New Fund Requests must be sent via email to fundopening.finserv [at] mcgill.ca in the following format:
- One New Fund Request (NFR) = one pdf document
- The one pdf document must include: the New Fund request form completed (ie: ensure “print name” sections have been completed and guarantor fund has been indicated), supporting documentation (Memorandum of Agreement/Letter of Intent/Award notice/Memos, CESA, email backup) and the acknowledgement/approvals (please refer to the attached communication)
- Please note the following:
- Updated NFR forms are now available at https://www.mcgill.ca/financialservices/forms/request-new-fund The new template must be used going forward to address whether the fund being requested should allow delegates for adjustments to Past Payroll Transactions
- The purpose of all NFR’s should be described within the “Describe the purpose or any restrictions of the fund” or “Additional information” section of NFR form.
- The NFR should not be password protected
If this format is not respected, the Controller’s Office will reject these documents.
Questions? For Help?
- Contact the fund opening team at fundopening.finserv [at] mcgill.ca
[Message sent out over the FIS listserv]