Reporting directly to the Chair of the Department of Family Medicine, the QI Project Director supports the vision and mission of the QI program, as adopted by the Department of Family Medicine in October 2018. The QI Program Director supports the vision of GMF-U’s as centres of Quality and Innovation in Family Medicine in Quebec, provides support to GMF-U team members to enable QI skills and sustain the culture in order to improve patients’ health, care efficiency, patients’ experience and providers’ wellbeing and disseminates QI knowledge with training and development of teaching tools.
The time commitment for this position is estimated at 1 day/week (0.20 FTE) averaged over the year.
The QI Program Director’s responsibilities include:
- Implementing the recommendations adopted by the Department of Family Medicine Executive Council in October 2018.
- Chairing quarterly meetings with departmental QI stakeholders to ensure that QI plans are implemented in our training sites.
- Is a member of the departmental Program Directors Committee and ad hoc member of the departmental Executive Council.
- Takes a QI leadership role in Quebec and participates in collaboration between the four Quebec Departments of Family Medicine
- Liaises with provincial QI stakeholders, including Conseiller Cadre en ACQ (CCACQ)
- Collaborating with provincial and national QI experts, including CFPC initiatives for development of QI training programs and building capacity national-wide.
- Collaborates with the research division in activities related to QI and utilisation of clinical data in the EMR.
- Regularly participates in the program, department, and university accreditation process and accreditation visits.
- Participates in Faculty Development activities within the Department of Family Medicine.
- Attends the annual Department of Family Medicine Retreat.
- Must be a family physician (CCFP certified or eligible), with full-time appointment in the Department of Family Medicine, preferably working in one of our teaching units
- Must have an interest in quality improvements and electronic medical records
- Must be bilingual
Interested individuals should send their letter of intent and curriculum vitae to acad-hr.fammed [at] mcgill.ca (Rosa Coppola), Advisor, Academic Affairs.
Deadline to apply: November 15, 2019