Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunity
Dr. Samira Rahimi’s team is offering a 1-year postdoctoral fellowship opportunity. The team is led by Dr. Rahimi, Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at McGill University and includes team members from different disciplines including engineering, data science and health sciences. The team’s research includes development, evaluation and implementation of innovative technologies and Artificial Intelligence in Primary Health Care.
Position and Project Description
The postdoctoral fellow will work on the AID project—led by Dr. Rahimi. The objective of this project is to develop an intelligent system to detect/predict risk of dementia among older adults. The project will have an impact on early detection of dementia, and it will be delivered in primary health care—where older adults make their first and most frequent contact with the health care system. The selected candidate will be supervised by Dr. Rahimi and co-supervised by Dr. Narges
Armanfard—assistant professor at the Intelligent Systems group at Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of McGill University—to develop this intelligent system.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Candidates must have obtained a PhD degree in data science, engineering (e.g. electrical and
computer engineering, biomedical engineering) or computer sciences.
The applicant must have:
- Strong background in machine learning (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, neural networks, anomaly detection, time-series analysis) and signal processing,
- Strong programming skills, especially Python (and related machine learning libraries e.g. PyTorch)
- Have an experience in data collection and data analysis,
- Knowledge and interest in primary health care,
- Have an excellent communication and writing skills in English, and proficiency in French considered as an asset,
- Ability to set priorities, manage time and project in a dynamic and fast-paced research environment,
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork,
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment and to learn new tools and applications quickly and independently.
Location: The successful candidate will be primarily based at the Department of Family Medicine
at McGill University, 5858, chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges, 3rd floor, Montreal, Quebec H3S 1Z1
Start date and Duration: Immediately (1 year; possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory
performance, and availability of funds).
Salary: To be discussed.
Application Deadline: Open until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should prepare an electronic application that contains the following
documents merged into one PDF file (with filename YourLastName-YourFirstName.pdf):
- One-page cover letter,
- Full curriculum vitae,
- A copy of all university graduate transcripts,
- A writing sample, not to exceed 20 pages (a published work, or a draft of a work in progress),
- List names and contact details of three reference persons (including graduate supervisors).
The application should be submitted by e-mail to Dr. Rahimi (samira.rahimi [at] mcgill.ca).
Inquiries about this position should be directed to Dr. Samira Rahimi.
* We thank all people for their interest in this position. However, we will only communicate
with those whose application will be accepted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications
from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women,
persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to