Job Description for Director of Global Health Programs
Time commitment is estimated at .5 days per week (averaged over the year) - .1 FTE Experience in the field of global health is essential
Reporting directly to the Chair of the Department of Family Medicine, the role of the Director of the Global Health Programs is to:
- Promote the development and implementation of global health initiatives at the Department of Family Medicine, within all programs and at all teaching sites.
- Coordinate or provide guidance/act as a resource to members of the Department who wish to become involved in Global Health initiatives/activities both locally and abroad.
- Create opportunities for teaching, learning and scholarly activities in Global Health at the Department level (for departmental faculty members, family medicine residents and medical students with an interest in family medicine).
- Network and collaborate with faculty members, departments and schools of McGill University, other Canadian and International universities, local and international NGOs and the College of Family Physicians (including the Global Health Committee of the CFPC) on matters of Global Health.
- Attend and contribute to the Family Medicine Executive Council.
- Attend and contribute to other meetings, such as Program Directors meetings, on an ad hoc basis and at the request of the Chair.
- Create a Global Health Committee which meets at least three times per year in the Department of Family Medicine, and coordinate and run these meetings.
- Act as a liaison for the Department of Family Medicine with Global Health at the Faculty of Medicine and with the School of Population and Global Health.
- Participate in Faculty Development activities within the Department of Family Medicine.
- Attend the annual Department of Family Medicine Retreat.
- Communicate in both English and French.
Interested individuals should send their letter of intent and curriculum vitae to:
Rosa Coppola, Academic Affairs Advisor, acad-hr.fammed [at] mcgill.ca ( )
Application Deadline: April 9, 2020