As of January 1, 2019, there will be a new system of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit requirements in place for all physicians practicing in Quebec. It is a 5-year cycle similar to the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP) cycle with a few differences.
- The minimum total amount of credit hours in the 5-year cycle is 250, 125 certified.
- The yearly requirement is minimum 25 recognized credit hours.
- New and different requirement: 10 hours in a 5-year cycle have to be practice evaluation. Can use CCFP programs.
- Credits apart from the obvious activities such as attending conferences are also possible for to obtain from teaching at CPD activities – 3 hours of preparation for one hour of presentation.
- Credits cannot be obtained for regular teaching of the residents and students.
- Credits can be obtained for research activities, but only for published articles.