Faculty Club Newsletter June 2019 Edition
The Faculty Club will be holding its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday June 12th at 2:00 pm in the Council Room. Members are welcome to attend. Last year’s minutes and this year’s agenda will be available on the website.
During the month of May this year, the Faculty Club hosted its Annual Mother’s Day Brunch - the event was sold out as usual. The ambiance was relaxed, and the guests enjoyed the wonderful food as well as the lovely music provided by the Schulich student Lucas Bell.
Do not forget to take advantage of the 2 for 1 Happy Hour every day of the week from 4:00 to 7:00 pm. Come and enjoy some quality time with some friends, colleagues or students during this promotion.
Bridge Tuesday, June 11th -- Maude Abbott Room. 1:30 to 3:30 pm
You have one last chance to play bridge at the Faculty Club before the academic year comes to an end. As usual, the McGill Committee for Retired Professors welcomes you to this event that takes place twice a month. Before the summer holidays kick in, stop by with your pals for a match and a refreshing drink. It’s the perfect way to bid a temporary farewell to your game rivals before you see them again in the fall.
For more information, contact: Dorothy Thomas Edding at dorothy.thomas_edding [at] mcgill.ca and/or 514-932-8478.
As we approach the end of the 2018-2019 academic year, we can look back and reflect on the past year so as to give us the opportunity to better ourselves for the next season. This Newsletter is also a perfect opportunity to thank all members for their continued support, while wishing everyone a wonderful summer.
Here is a brief recap of the successful activities at the Faculty Club over the past academic year:
- Holiday activities; such as the Annual Christmas Lunch and Children’s Brunch.
- Apple picking and barbecue in conjunction with MAUT at Tadja Hall.
- “Winterlude” Brunch again in conjunction with MAUT.
- We celebrated Scottish traditions on Robbie Burns Night with music, dancing, poetry, haggis and whiskey.
- Dinner theater – Counting Aloud featuring Gabrielle Soskin
- Tuesdays saw bridge matches welcoming players of all levels.
- Trivia nights where we amassed over $3,000.00 for Centraide.
- There were family events; such as the Mother’s Day Brunch and all the exotic Food Festivals featuring international flavours to tempt your taste buds. The twoweek Lobster Festival ending on June 7th.
We are always open to feedback and suggestions, so please do not hesitate to express your comments and concerns as it is the essence of our mandate.
We look forward to seeing you again next academic year.
Please note that the McGill Faculty Club’s last day of the season will be Thursday, June 20th and we will be ready to welcome you back on Monday, August 26th for another wonderful academic year.
Enjoy the summer holidays!
Ian S. Butler Nicolas Zrihen
President, Faculty Club General Manager