Obtaining FRQS Junior 1 funding is a key step in career development for most scientists and clinician-scientists in the Department of Surgery.
The Early-Career Investigator Mentorship program provides a series of grant preparation workshops and mentorship to FRQS Junior 1 level investigators to assist them in securing funding. The program aims to provide experience and support in how to construct a well-founded research proposal for basic, translational or clinical research. Our objective is to facilitate qualified researchers who would like to begin or continue an independent career in surgery related research, including researchers who hold a doctorate or a professional degree in a health-care field at the doctoral level and who are engaged in full-time research (at least 50% of working hours).
We launched, beginning in January 2021, a series of workshops for Junior 1 level faculty submitting to FRQS on preparation and application process providing support throughout the year leading to the Fall application deadline. In addition, information and support for CIHR and internal Research Institute grant opportunities will be provided. While primarily aimed at FRQS Junior 1 level, Junior 2 and Senior level investigators are welcome to attend.
The unique aspect of this program is the opportunity for early-career investigators to work with experienced researchers and maintain a relationship with a mentor until their application is funded. This is based on the successful Bone and Joint Initiative USA program.
- Dr. Fackson Mwale - Experimental Surgery
- Dr. Jake Barralet - Experimental Surgery
- Dr. Swenke Bailey - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Dr. Rajesh Aggarwal - General Surgery
- Dr. Marylise Boutros - General Surgery
- Dr. Julio Fiore - General Surgery
- Dr. Lawrence Lee - General Surgery
- Dr. George Zogopoulos - General Surgery
- Dr. John Antoniou - Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dr. Geraldine Merle- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dr. Paul Andre Martineau- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dr. Michael Weber- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dr. Lorenzo Edwin Ferri - Thoracic Surgery
- Dr. Jonathan Spicer - Thoracic Surgery
- Dr. Sero Andonian - Urology
- Dr. Lysanne Campeau - Urology
- Dr. Alice Dragomir - Urology
- Dr. Wassim Kassouf - Urology
- Dr. David Labbé - Urology
- Dr. Jacques Lapointe - Urology
- Dr. Cristian O'Flaherty - Urology
- Dr. Heather Gill - Vascular Surgery
Make an Appointment with our administration to discuss what kind of reviewer you are looking for.