Safer Spaces, a suite of workshops on topics related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, is back for 2015-16. Open to staff, graduate students, and faculty, Safer Spaces includes six workshops offered in collaboration with the Skillsets, First Peoples’ House, the Office for Students with Disabilities and the Office of the Dean of Students. Upcoming Fall workshops include:
- Understanding Discrimination: frameworks and first steps for implementing equity in professional practice
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Indigenous Perspectives (formerly Aboriginal Perspectives)
- Disability, Access, and Universal Design
- Race and Cultural Identity
- Consent and Sexual Assault - Raising Awareness
For more information and to register, visit the Safer Spaces Workshops website.
Participants who have completed all of the Safer Spaces workshops can request a program certificate by sending an e-mail to equity.education [at] mcgill.ca. Stay tuned for news about the Safer Spaces workshops offered in the winter semester!