At the heart of McGill University’s commitment to equity, SEDE works to ensure an equitable and inclusive experience for all students, staff, and faculty. SEDE believes that equity, diversity and inclusion are essential to the academic excellence and service to society for which McGill is known and continuously strives.
SEDE's mission is carried out through education and awareness-raising programs and initiatives which recognize and integrate diverse perspectives and experiences, and foster meaningful, respectful engagement in all aspects of life at McGill.
These are some of the things we offer:
- Workshops and trainings to raise meaningful understanding on campus about issues of equity, and provide tools to address acts of exclusion and discrimination
- Events and activities aimed at recognizing and celebrating diverse perspectives and achievements of different communities
- Consultation, best practices, and resources for how to integrate inclusive and community-based practices into research and curriculum, in order to uphold McGill's commitment to academic excellence
- Partnership-building and support through identifying barriers to meaningful involvement in McGill life, and collectively addressing them
- Research and community exchange which promotes experiential learning through an equity lens as a part of academic study
- Volunteer and mentorship opportunities in order to promote exchange between communities and share our capacities for research and knowledge-sharing