McGill's Senior Employment Equity Advisor offers training and advising designed to help you run an effective search and hire an excellent candidate, while using an equity lens.
Please tynan.jarrett [at] mcgill.ca (contact the Senior Employment Equity Advisor) if you would like more information about how to:
- Develop Departmental or Faculty-wide strategies around equity and hiring
- Recruit an excellent and diverse pool of candidates
- Understand how implicit bias might impact hiring and promotion decisions, and develop strategies to mitigate this
- Integrate information about McGill's Employment Equity Policy and law into your hiring goals and processes
- Enhance your understanding of the labour market context for your recruitment area
- Analyze systemic barriers that may be impeding your ability to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and explore possible strategies for addressing these barriers