This funding program is only available to Undergraduate and Graduate students in the Faculty of Engineering (downtown campus).
- Applications may be submitted via this online form on an ongoing basis.
- By completing this form, you allow the Faculty of Engineering to release, as deemed appropriate, information pertaining to your student group to the Donor(s), the University Advancement (UA) and to the McGill Engineering Student Centre.
Once you receive funding:
- An Annual Report of Activities, a statement of participation in recruitment/outreach activities, and the original RECEIPTS FOR ALL EXPENDITURES will be required for all initiatives that have been selected for funding support (students that submit their receipts to EUS you must provide an EUS report in lieu of the receipts). The deadlines for submission of these documents are: Fall – December 15th; Winter – April 15th; Summer - August 31st. Teams/groups that do not submit reports/receipts will not be considered for future funding. NOTE: Please also be aware that as requestor you are responsible for submitting the 1-page summary report along with receipts. Please note that these reports will be read by MESC, the Dean, University Advancement Office, Donors and/or other units.
- Click here for a sample of the required final one page report. Please save in PDF format.
Applications are reviewed throughout the year (black out dates are add/drop period and holidays).
Please note that applications received between December 15th, 2020 - January 15th, 2021 will only be reviewed after January 15th, 2021.
Should you have additional questions relating to this form or the Student Initiative Funding Request process, please email us at sif.engineering [at] mcgill.ca (Student Funding Inquiries)
- any unused funds must be returned to the McGill Engineering Student Centre (MESC)
- Funding decisions will not be made during the add/drop period.
- A student association/club/organization/team should be able to fund their event without support from MESC.
****BEFORE YOU START****
Events for students in a specific department must have funding from their Department FIRST. You should not complete the form until this has been secured.