Funding Proposal Writing Session 2017
Are you interested in applying to Tri-Council (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC) or Fonds de Recherche du Quebec (FRQS, FRQSC, FRQNT) doctoral funding*? Join us for a proposal writing session and learn what makes a successful proposal stand out.
We will have example proposals on hand to work through and give you tips on writing a strong proposal. Do you have your proposal started already? Feel free to bring a hard copy and receive feedback from fellow graduate students.
When: Wednesday September 13th 2017, 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm.
Where: Education Building, Room 624.
[RSVP Required: https://goo.gl/forms/vnbx6812dn86J6uk1]
*Note: This session will be focused on these main funding bodies. Please ensure your eligibility to apply for these awards, as the criteria has changed for FRQ awards.
- October 2017 Building your Academic Profile: The Importance of Publications and Conferences
- November 2017 Transitioning from PhD to post-PhD
- January 2018 Navigating through Pre-Comps, Post-Comps, and Preparing for your Dissertation
- February 2018 Confessions of a PhD
- March 2018 Transitioning from PhD to post-PhD: Alumni Networking Event
ABCs of the PhD is a free professional seminar series run by graduate students for graduate students. It is sponsored by the Faculty of Education and focuses on the concerns of Education students, but all McGill graduate students are welcome to attend.