Experiential learning for early entrepreneurs
The Dobson Centre is the hub for entrepreneurship at McGill University, where ideas stemming from all McGill faculties grow into innovative companies with a purpose. We aim to inspire, teach and develop early entrepreneurs while also introducing them to local, national and global entrepreneurship ecosystems.
The Student Executive Team (SET) is going virtual this year! This student-led Dobson initiative offers its members volunteer experience and networking opportunities with startups, alumni and like-minded peers from across McGill faculties.
Throughout the academic year students work individually or in teams alongside innovative McGill startups, by promoting entrepreneurship, creating engaging events, and other collaborative activities, while developing relevant skills, knowledge, conceptual insights, and gaining real-world experience outside the classroom.
Start: Fall 2021
Duration: Fall & Winter Terms
Time Commitment: +/- 20 hours/month
- Experiential learning with early entrepreneurs
- Develop relevant skills and gain exposure to the startup ecosystem
- Collaborate and network with like-minded McGill students
- Interact with current students, McGill Alumni and entrepreneurs
- Attend monthly online SET meetings
- Be an active contributor to their respective team (details on team breakdown on p. 4)
- Act as an ambassador and contact person for entrepreneurship within their respective faculty
- Conduct mini-presentations on entrepreneurship within their faculty once trained
- Promote entrepreneurial initiatives and resources within their faculty
- Attend McGill Dobson Centre events
- Promote McGill Dobson Centre’s brand, vision and inclusive culture with consistency and professionalism
- Provide on-going insights into the needs of students and their respective faculties
Student Application Process
Student Profile Requirements
- In order to be eligible to apply to the Student Executive Team at the Dobson Centre, you must be a current McGill student in satisfactory academic standing, and enrolled for both Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 terms
- Faculty and background agnostic: We welcome applications from all current McGill students enrolled in any McGill Faculty at all academic levels (e.g. undergraduate, graduate, PhD, Continuing Studies, Certificate, etc.)
- Possess a passion for entrepreneurship and a desire to learn
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong interest in developing new relationships with organizations and groups in the
- entrepreneurship community at McGill
- Previous or current member of a student group within respective faculty (asset but
- not required)
- Previous startup experience (asset but not required)
Please note that applications are currently closed.
Have questions about the SET? Contact Michaela Deneva for more information: dobson.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca.