With the support of the Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation du Québec, the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship launched in 2021 its first McGill International Startup Tour.
Showcasing Dobson's most promising retail startups and more, the goal of the McGill International Startup Tour is to promote entrepreneurial innovation stemming from all faculties, while creating opportunities for our founders with regards to fund raising and new business partnerships on an international scale.
North America - East Coast - Boston ● Toronto ● Montreal ● Ottawa
Dates: March 17 and 18, 2021
North America - West Coast - Los Angeles ● San Francisco ● Seattle ● Vancouver
Dates : March 18 2021
Europe - Paris ● London ● Berlin ● Milan ● Marseilles ● Nice ● Heidelberg ● Cambridge
Dates: March 24 & 25, 2021
The FitDrive app helps fitness trainers save time, increase retention and grow their business by making it easy to program workouts, track progress and keep in touch with clients when training remotely.
- Milena Fagandini, CPO, Universidad Católica de Córdoba, Business Administration Carter Sprigings, CTO, McGill Faculty of Science
Contact: carter [at] myfitdrive.com
At MoveMate, we solve the pains of businesses and consumers through our administration of an on-demand transportation solution that makes moving, purchasing and delivering items hassle-free. By connecting our customers and our partner firms with a Mate that has the tools, the manpower, and the vehicle adapted to their needs, we take care of packing and transporting peoples’ possessions to their new residence, as well as transporting and delivering any large item purchased online or at retailers.
- Lucas Francioli, CEO, Desautels Faculty of Management
- William Preudhomme, Head of Operations & Sales, Concordia Faculty of Arts & Science
- Jegannath Ramanathan, Head of Product & User Acquisition, Desautels Faculty of Management
Contact: lucas [at] movemate.io
RailVision Analytics specializes in artificial intelligence and software for the rail industry. Our projects are focused on reducing fuel consumption, preventing locomotive failure and improving the safety of rail operations.
- Dev Jain, Founder & Lead Innovator, McGill Faculty of Engineering
contact [at] railvision.ca
TRAQC is an easily integrated solution for non-destructive and in-line quality control of printed electronics, reducing the production cost by up to 80% and the production time by up to 90%.
- Benjamin Dringoli, CTO & Co-founder, McGill Faculty of Science
- Mariia Zhuldybina, CEO & Co-founder, ÉTS
- Joel Edouard Nkeck, Co-founder, ÉTS
Contact: info [at] traqc.ca
We give bodegas in Latin America a frictionless, AI-powered app that automates orders, optimizes inventory using AI and saves them time, increases revenue and allows them to compete with larger chains.
- Julio Castañeda, Co-founder, Desautels Faculty of Management
- Daniel Franco, CEO & Co-founder, Desautels Faculty of Management
Contact: julio [at] turbodega.com
Hydrolux is a green hydrogen production company distributing to warehouses looking to transition towards fuel cell powered forklifts that will save them money, increase productivity and have a smaller impact on the planet.
- Friedrich Dehem-Lemelin, CEO, ÉTS, Mechanical Engineering
- Julien Brunet, CTO, McGill Faculty of Engineering
- Nicolas Dion, CFO, Concordia John Molson School of Business
Contact: info [at] hydrolux.ca
CHK PLZ offers an all-in-one suite of web applications from QR-based Self-Pay Solutions to Best-in-Class Online Ordering with a focus on commission-free delivery via local delivery partners. Our mission is to enable restaurants and bars to control their brand, increase efficiency, and own their customer like they never have before.
- Roberto Casoli, CEO, McGill Faculty of Engineering
- Eric Haniak, CPO, McGill Faculty of Engineering
- Olivier Eydt, CTO, McGill Faculty of Engineering
Contact: roberto.casoli [at] chkplz.ca
Precise Organic Liquid Fertilization
Circulus AgTech valorizes manure and compost to produce liquid organic fertilizer suitable for hydroponics while using high-tech ion monitoring to reach target nutrient levels and ensure optimal bacterial activity.
- David Leroux, CEO, McGill Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Nicolas Martel-Bouchard, CFO, McGill Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Peter Tikasz, CFO, CTO, McGill Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Mohamed Debbagh, CTO, McGill Faculty of Engineering
Contact: dleroux [at] circulusagtech.com
Interius Farms offers clients price and business stability through locally grown produce. By growing in co-located, controlled environments, Interius can provide clients with the freshest produce while mitigating pricing and supply chain risks through long-term, price stabilized contracts.
- Tristan Zeman, President, Desautels Faculty of Management
- Jonathan Lawson, Vice President, Desautels Faculty of Management
Contact: interiusfarms [at] gmail.com
Empowering people to grow nutrient-rich greens at home so they can reconnect with their own food and live healthier lives. Novagrow makes this possible by designing affordable and easy-to-use indoor gardens allowing the user to grow effortlessly more than 20 types of microgreens all year round.
- Simon Dufour, Co-founder, Desautels Faculty of Management
- Mathieu Laviolette, Co-founder, École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS)
- Alexandre Laliberté, Co-founder, École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS)
Contact: s.dufour.p [at] novagrow.io
Our tech-enabled urban farms cultivate local, pesticide-free strawberries all year long to provide consumers with a healthier, higher quality, and more sustainable product.
- Ophelia Sarakinis, CEO, McGill Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Pierre Chicoine, Head of Sales & Business Development
- Phillip Rosenbaum, CTO & Chief Scientific Officer, McGill Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Medicine
Contact: info [at] vertite.ca
Off the Grid
Off The Grid offer a spinning bike that turns energy into electricity. The generated electricity is reinjected in real-time in the grid of the building reducing monthly electric bills for the gym, while a web application allows users to compete with others to reduce their ecological footprint, increasing motivation and training frequency.
- Charles Couture-Lebrun, CEO, HEC Montréal
- Sébastien Brunelle-Jestin, CTO, Faculty of Continuing Studies, McGill University
Contact: info [at] getoffthegrid.ca
Heka is an on demand personalized healthcare platform that helps people who are injured or are in pain get a consultation as soon as possible while optimizing operating efficiency for clinic owners.
- Zhen Lun Chen, CEO, McGill Faculty of Medicine
- Peter Zhiding Chen, CTO, McGill Faculty of Science
Contact: zhen [at] heka.ca
GynAware’s mission is to improve the quality of life for women by reducing the number of unnecessary surgeries in Gynaecology. GynAware offers an integrated and cost-effective pre-surgical biopsy solution for uterine tumors, enabling gynaecologists to visualize, access, and sample tumors. GynAware aims to redefine the appropriate treatment in Gynaecology and empower women to make conscious decisions related to their health.
- Ida Derish, Scientific Lead, McGill Faculty of Medicine
- Meera Kanagalingham, Medical Lead, McGill Faculty of Medicine
Contact: ida.derish [at] mail.mcgill.ca
MinutesFluidics is developing a technology that will enable doctors and nurses to screen hospital patients for the MRSA superbug — a multibillion dollar challenge for North American hospitals. MinutesFluidics aims to disrupt the traditional testing market by developing a faster, easier to use, and more affordable diagnostic test.
- Alexander Bevacqua, Co-Founder, McGill Faculty of Engineering
- Domenico Lopez, Co-Founder, McGill Faculty of Engineering
- Ali Najmaldin, Co-Founder, McGill Faculty of Engineering
Contact: minutesfluidics [at] gmail.com
NURA Medical aims to reduce human error and increase efficiency of care in pediatric emergency departments through the development of user-friendly, automated intravenous solutions.
- Gabriel Lacombe, President, McGill Faculty of Medicine
- Georgia Powell, Clinical Lead, McGill Faculty of Medicine
- Sofia Addab, Research and Development Lead, McGill Faculty of Medicine
- Naghmeh Ansari, Concordia University, Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Catherine Pepe, Concordia University, John Molson School of Business
- Nicolas Minvielle, Ecole de Technolgie Superieure (ETS), University of Quebec
With Prof. Ilana Bank, Advisor, McGill Faculty of Medicine, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Director of Pediatric Simulation, Montreal Children’s Hospital
Contact: info.nuramedical [at] gmail.com
VitalTracer is a startup that focuses on personalized medicine. We aim to create a platform for those who need to improve or manage health with a convenient and non-invasive solution. We use biomedical sensors through the wrist to continuously detect bio-signals and store them in a secure cloud base environment. By using AI and machine learning algorithms, a complete assessment of vital signs, such as blood pressure, will be provided which is easy to share with the doctor or caregiver as needed. Other vital signs measured include heart rate, respiratory rate, blood oxygen saturation, body temperature, ECG, and PPG signals.
- Azadeh Dastmalchi, CEO and Co-Founder, University of Ottawa, Biomedical engineering
- Zahra Zangeneh, COO and Co-Founder, Concordia University, Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Ali Ghorbani, CTO and Co-Founder, Babol University, Electrical Engineering
- Abouzar Dastmalchi, CFO and Co-Founder, John Hopkins University, Computer Science
Email: info [at] vitaltracer.com
Born through the Covid-19 pandemic, Nurau is the ultimate membership-based virtual mental health and wellness service. We offer custom, creative and science-based solutions for businesses of all sizes. Through our online platform, we distribute tailored content, specialized experiences, professional support and executive training for employees and clients. Our goal is to facilitate the conversation on mental wellness in every company and provide the necessary tools to help. Our vision is to further each individuals goal of becoming their very best self and become the reference for healthy and effective business worldwide.
- Justin Lessard-Wajcer, Founder and CEO, McGill University, Faculty of Medicine
- Saba Saremi, R.D. and COO, Université de Montréal, Faculty of Medicine
Contact: info [at] nurau.com.