Postdoc (2017), Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
PhD (2015), University of California, Berkeley, USA
MS (2011), University of California, Los Angelos, USA
BS (2010), Zhejiang University, China
Wei Qi is an assistant professor in Operations Management at the Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University.
His research interests include:
- Smart-city analytics
- Energy & transportation systems operations management (e.g. energy storage, electric vehicles, renewables)
- New techno-economic models, e.g.:
- urban-scale systems integration
- sharing economy in e-commerce
- transactive energy
- Supply chain design and management
Operations Management / Operations Research
- Wei Qi and Zuo-Jun Max Shen, "A Smart-City Scope of Operations Management," accepted by Production and Operations Management.
- Wei Qi, Lefei Li, Sheng Liu and Zuo-Jun Max Shen, "Shared Mobility for Last-Mile Delivery: Design, Operational Prescriptions and Environmental Impact," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 20.4 (2018): 737-751.
- Wei Qi, Yong Liang and Zuo-Jun Max Shen, "Joint Planning of Energy Storage and Transmission for Wind Energy Generation," Operations Research, vol.63, no.6, pp.1280-1293, 2015.
- Zhaowei Hao, Wei Qi, Tianxiao Gong, Lihua Chen and Zuo-Jun Max Shen, "Innovation Uncertainty, New Product Press Timing and Strategic Consumers," accepted by Omega.
- Long He, Guangrui Ma, Wei Qi and Xin Wang, "Charging Electric Vehicle Sharing Fleet," working paper.
Energy and Transportation Systems
- "When Shared Autonomous Electric Vehicles Meet Microgrids: Citywide Energy-Mobility Orchestration," with M. Sha and S. Li, working paper.
- H. Zhang, S. J. Moura, Z. Hu, W. Qi and Y. Song, "A Second Order Cone Programming Model for PEV Fast-Charging Station Planning," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol.33, no.3, pp. 2763-2777, May 2018.
- H. Zhang, S. J. Moura, Z. Hu, W. Qi and Y. Song, "Joint Planning of PEV Fast-Charging Network and Distributed PV Generation Using the Accelerated Generalized Benders Decomposition," IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification, 4.3 (2018): 789-803.
- W. Qi, B. Shen, H. Zhang and Z. M. Shen, "Coordinating and Sharing Demand-Side Energy Resources - A Conceptual Design," Energy, vol.135, 15 September 2017, Pages 455–465.
- W. Qi, Z. Xu, Z. M. Shen, Z. Hu and Y. Song, “Hierarchical Coordinated Control of Plug-in Electric Vehicles Charging in Multi-family Dwellings,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol.5, no.3, pp.1465-1474, May 2014.
- W. Qi, J. Liu and P. D. Christofides, "Distributed Supervisory Predictive Control of Distributed Wind and Solar Energy Generation Systems,'' IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 21, 504-512, 2013.
- W. Qi, J. Liu and P. D. Christofides, "Supervisory Predictive Control for Long-Term Scheduling of an Integrated Wind/Solar Energy Generation and Water Desalination System,'' IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 20, 504-512, 2012.
- W. Qi, J. Liu and P. D. Christofides, "A Distributed Control Framework for Smart Grid Development: Energy/Water System Optimal Operation and Electric Grid Integration,'' Journal of Process Control, 21, 1504-1516, 2011.
- W. Qi, J. Liu, X. Chen and P. D. Christofides, "Supervisory Predictive Control of Stand-Alone Wind-Solar Energy Generation Systems,'' IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 19, 199-207, 2011.
- H. Zhang, S. J. Moura, Z. Hu, W. Qi, and Y. Song, "Joint PEV Charging Station and Distributed PV Generation Planning," IEEE Power & Energy Soc. Gen. Meeting, 2017.
- H. Zhang, W. Qi, Z. Hu, and Y. Song, "Planning Hydrogen Refueling Stations with Coordinated On-Site Electrolytic Production," IEEE Power & Energy Soc. Gen. Meeting, 2017.
- W. Qi, J. Liu, and P. D. Christofides. A two-time-scale framework for supervisory predictive control of an integrated wind/solar energy generation and water desalination system. In Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pages 2677-2682, San Francisco, California, 2011.
- W. Qi, J. Liu and P. D. Christofides. Supervisory predictive control of an integrated wind/solar energy generation and water desalination system. In Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Dynamics and Control of Process Systems, pages 821-826, Leuven, Belgium, 2010.
- Dupuy, Max, Fredrich Kahrl, Frederick Weston, Bo Shen, Andy Satchwell, Peter Cappers, Jennifer Potter, Wei Qi, Ella Zhou, Yingchen Zhang, John Barnett, Travis Lowder, and Lars Bregnbaek. Power Consumption, Demand and Competition Cooperation: Recommendations for the Pilots in Guangdong, Jilin, Jiangsu, and Shanghai. 2017.
Qi, Wei, Roger Sathre, William R Morrow, III, and Arman Shehabi. Unit price scaling trends for chemical products. Berkeley, 2015. LBNL-189844.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Discovery Grant. Role: Principal Investigator. Title: Towards a Smart-City Future: Urban-Scale Integration of Mobility and Energy Systems. Length: 2019-2024. Total Amount: $130,000 (Share: 100%).
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Early Career Supplement. Role: Principal Investigator. Title: Towards a Smart-City Future: Urban-Scale Integration of Mobility and Energy Systems. Length: 2019-2020. Total Amount: $12,500 (Share: 100%).
Fonds Québécois de la Recherche sur la Société et la Culture (FQRSC) New Researcher. Title: Sharing Sustainable Mobility in Smart Cities. Length: 2019-2022. Total Amount: $45,000 (Share: 100%).
Internal Social Sciences and Humanities Development Grant. Title: Promoting Electrical Vehicle Sharing Through Integrated Planning and Operations. Length: 2018-2020. Total Amount: $6,200 (Share: 100%).