Graduate Research Trainees

If you are enrolled in a doctoral program at another university and wish to attend McGill for a limited period of time (up to a maximum of 12 months) to conduct research only, you must apply as a Graduate Research Trainee (GRT).

  1. You are encouraged to approach a faculty member who is willing to supervise your research for your duration at Desautels Faculty of Management. 
  2. Once you have secured a supervisor, you will need to submit an application as a Graduate Research Trainee.  The category of Graduate Research Trainee cannot be used to conduct the majority of thesis research at McGill under the supervision of a McGill professor.

Please note that our doctoral program does not review applications for Special/Exchange/Visiting.

Consult the following for details on procedure


Back to top