The Investment Management Program at the Desautels Faculty of Management is where the future of global investment management education begins.
Designed in consultation with a world-leading team of investment managers, we are proud to unveil a program which looks ahead to the future of the investment management industry.
- Real-world investing experience
- Integrated training
- International partners
- Global opportunities
The Investment Management Program integrates investment management teaching, research and practice to create a unique value exchange between leading industry experts, world-class finance professors and our outstanding students, who benefit from the best possible learning experience.
- Find out more about the key features of this program and how it incarnates at the undergraduate and graduate levels with new degree and course offerings.
- Meet some of our top professors — learn about their work and how it affects and informs the industry.
- Find out which alumni and friends support, build and help deliver the program on our Desautels Global Experts program around the globe.
At the MBA level, the Investment Management Program offers a suite of finance, accounting and quantitative courses, fully integrated within a structured progression of investment management experience at McGill-based investment company Desautels Capital Management.
This program is a unique educational opportunity that features:
- an innovative approach to investment management education that combines learning, research and practice to enrich the student experience
- the first-ever registered investment management firm founded by a university to provide students with an unparalleled opportunity to train as investment analysts
- summer internships at major financial centres around the world
Designed in consultation with leading fund managers, this program will provide a select number of our MBA students with a real competitive edge by offering hands-on learning and training in financial analysis, portfolio management, global investments, risk management and hedge fund investing. The curriculum offers content directly relevant to CFA, CAIA, FRM and PRM accreditations.
The option of the Investment Management Program is offered in Winter semester and is open to Full-Time MBA 1 students who have completed the MBA Core courses.
1. GPA of 3.5 or higher in the MBA Core (particular attention will be paid to Finance and related courses).
2. Complete cover page, CV, and application letter to the Investment Management Program Academic Director, anisha.ghosh [at] mcgill.ca (Prof. Anisha Ghosh). Please specify your motivation for applying to the program and any relevant knowledge or experience you might have.
3. Interview with the Investment Management Program Director. Evaluation criteria will include motivation and relevant knowledge of the field of study.
IM Program Information Session
Please join us for an information session on Wednesday, October 21, 2020 from 9 AM - 10 AM. Please see the MBA Weekly Wrap-Up Newsletter for Zoom link. This session will be recorded and posted on myCourses for students who cannot attend.
To apply students must:
Complete the application form cover page and attach the following documents:
- A letter of application. The letter must be no more than two pages double spaced and should be addressed to the Investment Management Program Director, Prof. Anisha Ghosh. Please specify your motivation for applying to the program and any relevant knowledge or experience you might have.
- An unofficial copy of your transcript of your MBA Core courses.
- An updated version of your CV
Applications should be sent electronically by November 27, 2020 to the Investment Management Program Academic Director, anisha.ghosh [at] mcgill.ca (Prof. Anisha Ghosh). Applicants may expect to be interviewed the following week.
Please note space in this program is limited.
Investment Management Program - an option for MBA students specializing in Finance
To take part in the Investment Management Program, students are required to take the following courses (18 credits):
IM Program Overview for MBA Students in the 2-year program
Winter 2021 Semester
Fall 2021 - Winter 2022 Semesters
*Choose one of:
**Choose two of:
FINE 620 Corporate Mergers 3 Credits
Offered in the:
IM Program Overview for MBA Students Accelerating the Program (16-months):
Winter 2021 Semester
Fall 2021 Semester:
*Choose one of: