Course Registration

Request for Credit Overload

Students should submit this form to request permission to take more than 15 credits in a term.

Extra Course(s) Form

MBA students may register for up to 2 extra MBA courses over-and-above their program requirements. These extra courses may only be taken in the final year of study. The deadline to declare which courses to count as "extra" is the Add/Drop Deadline for the term in which you are taking the course(s).

Independent Topic Form (PDF)

Independent study of a particular topic under the supervision of an instructor with relevant expertise in the area. The form must be signed by the supervising instructor and the area coordinator. Students must submit this form for approval prior to the Add/Drop Deadline for the term in which they plan to undertake the project.

Late Course Withdrawal Form (Graduate Students)

MBA Students who wish to withdraw from a course after the Add/Drop deadline must meet with their Academic Advisor and complete the following form. Students who wish to withdraw from the Investment Management (IM) Program are also required to complete this form.

Program Changes

Concentration Form

Students who started the program prior to 2020 must select at least one (max. 2) concentration(s). The concentration(s) will appear on your transcript, however, they do not appear on your diploma. The concentration(s) must be formally selected in the final term of study.

Request to Change Programs 

Full-time MBA students who wish to move in to the part-time program or PMBA students who wish to move to the full-time program may do so after they complete the Core. Please use this form to notify us of your intent to transfer. This form should also be used by students who plan to switch from the 48-credit (no internship) to 54-credit (internship) MBA program and vice versa.

University Withdrawal

Students who decide not to attend the term(s) they are registered in, must officially withdraw from the University within the deadlines indicated at


Exam Conflict & Deferred Exam Form

Students with a valid reason for missing a final exam must notify the MBA Office. Please notify the MBA Office as soon as you anticipate a conflict. Students who miss an exam due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. illness) must complete this form within one week of missing the final exam.

Verification of Grades & Rereads

In accordance with the Charter of Student Rights, and subject to the conditions stated therein, students have the right to consult any written submission for which they have received a mark and the right to discuss this submission with the examiner.

Formal Extension

Students who, for serious exceptional circumstances, are unable to complete the required coursework within the regular academic term, may request a formal extension from their professor. For an extension to be approved, the student and the instructor must complete the K-Contract form with clear deadlines for extended deliverables. The completed form must be submitted to MBAadvising [at] before it is approved. Approved extensions are given K grades until the final grade is received. Extensions apply only to in-course work, not final exams. Students who cannot sit a final exam must request an exam deferral (instructions above).



Coronavirus (COVID-19)

For the latest information on McGill University's response to COVID-19, please visit the Coronavirus Information website.

For Desautels specific updates please visit our COVID-19 FAQ page.

Back to top