Benefits for Participants
The experienced participants enjoy delving into each other's issues to provide innovative solutions to the challenges they face at work. All our participants report increased confidence in undertaking challenges they previously found daunting.
The IMHL is designed to act as a catalyst for change in participants' organizations and communities. For example:
- A surgeon created an international organization dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
- A physician from Uganda ran a conference in Kampala to bring the pedagogy of the IMHL to six other African countries.
- A primary care physician led the move of his clinic into new facilities with a dramatic improvement in internal relations, in the process renewing his own delight in managing.
- The Chief Operating Officer of a major US health care alliance was promoted to CEO and is leading the transition to high quality, cost-effective health care in the United States.
- A physician who worked at the country level is now working on global health policy with the World Health Organization in Geneva.
- A physician and manager of a major foundation was asked to lead national efforts to promote collaboration across health ministries.