The IMHL believes that the greatest hope for the improvement of health lies in a deep understanding of how the entire health field works, coupled with a sophisticated appreciation of its management. The program's unique approach uses the classroom as a thoughtful and ongoing international forum who, over 18 months, address and advance key issues in the field of health care worldwide. It promotes the development of a sustainable and integrated approach to health worldwide.
Meet our alumni
- With over 30 years of expertise in Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Penny Price, IMHL’10, continues to lead change and advancement for health care. She was recently recognized in a 2016 list of the top 14 most influential women in EMS. Read more
- Dr. Peter Goldberg, IMHL’11, was a critical care physician, a leader in his single institution at the McGill University Health Center (MUHC). Soon after completing the IMHL, Dr. Goldberg was appointed Director of Critical Care for the entire and newly integrated MUHC.
- Dr. Joanne Liu, IMHL’14, was recently distinguished as #7 in the world’s 100 most influential people in the world, having been recognized as playing the most significant role in the recent Ebola crisis. Her colleagues from IMHL organized an election committee for her while pursuing the IMHL. A month after completing the five modules of the program, she was elected International President of Doctors Without Borders and now heads that organization in Geneva, Switzerland. Read more:
- Drs. Padma Venkatasubramanian (India), IMHL '14 and Caroline Kisia (Kenya), IMHL’14, assisted by Dr. Ahmad Firas Khalid, IMHL '14 won the $100,000 Grand Challenges Canada grant to field test a device invented by Dr. Padma, that could purify water for drinking. After successful field-testing in both India and Kenya, they are now applying for the $1 million Grand Challenges Canada grant.
- Dr. Hamidah Meghani, IMHL’15 and a public health physician from Ontario, Canada, was promoted to Director of Public Health in Hamilton, Ontario while she was pursuing her Masters degree in the IMHL.
- Dr. Hussain AlHussain, IMHL’13 returned to Saudi Arabia following the IMHL to take up his position as Director of Postgraduate and Scholarship Administration, in addition to his specialty practice, at King Fahad Medical City.