A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a trained improvement agent who demonstrates change management skills, project management skills, team leadership, and understands team dynamics. Certified Black Belts implement breakthrough improvements. Upon completion of this course and training, you'll know how to:
- Lead complex and multifunctional process improvement or process design projects
- Manage projects using a roadmap that encompasses change management
- Identify and optimize the key factors that are linked to the customers needs in a process or product
- Analyze data and information to demonstrate and prove the way forward
- Achieve successful breakthroughs in environments where resistance is a challenge
At a high level, the training content is the following:
- Strategic deployment planning tools
- Change management tools
- Team decision-making tools
- Analysis tools
- Statistical tools
- Project management
- Artificial Intelligence tools
High certification standards are applied to ensure the highest level of knowledge, recognition, and credibility.
A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certificate will be awarded through McGill University and the Council for Six Sigma Certification and signed by a Certified Master Black Belt.
The certification requirements are the following:
- Complete 1 project from definition to implementation, including controls
- Pass interim exams
- Pass final exam
Please note that a total of 16 hours of coaching will be provided throughout the project phase.
- Day 1: Friday October 15, 2021 - 1:00 pm-5:00pm EDT
- Day 2: Friday November 5, 2021 - 9:00 am-5:00pm EST
- Day 3: Saturday November 6, 2021 - 9:00 am-5:00pm EST
- Day 4: Friday December 3, 2021 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
- Day 5: Saturday December 4, 2021 - 9:00 am-5:00pm EST
- Day 6: Friday January 14, 2022 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
- Day 7: Saturday January 15, 2022 - 9:00 am-5:00pm EST
- Day 8: Friday February 11, 2022 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
- Day 9: Saturday February 12, 2022 - 9:00 am-5:00pm EST
- Exam: Friday, March 25, 2022
The cost is $9,999.00 CDN (taxes included).
Installment payments can be made online (3 installments). Payments need to be completed before the start of module 1.
Spaces are limited and course registration is processed on a first-come first-served basis.
What is included
- 9 1/2 days of training
- 16 hours of coaching on the projects
- Lean Six Sigma Companion templates from Abacus Team
- Access to Minitab for the duration of the course
- Training material: electronic or printed as per your choice
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification from McGill University. Other Green Belt certifications are welcome and will be assessed for content equivalence.
- 2 years of work experience (in any field)
- Exceptions will be reviewed
For cancellations two weeks or more before the session: full refund
For cancellations between one to two weeks before the session: $7000 refund if that amount was paid
For cancellations less than a week before the session: no refund
For any inquiries, please email leansixsigma [at] mcgill.ca or call 514-398-4066.
Alex has trained, coached and certified over 1400 Green Belts and Lean experts, as well as 280 Black Belts and 21 Master Black Belts. Alex is the founder of Abacus Team, has been teaching at McGill University since 2003, and has over 26 years of operational experience.
Competencies: Lean thinking, Lean Six Sigma with operational and business processes, Strategic Planning, Project Management, Quality Management
Diplomas and Certifications: P. Eng., M. Eng, Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (MBB), PMP, Agile SCRUM Master Certified (SMC), Environmental Professional (EP)
Sheri has 27 years of work experience including consulting in Lean Six Sigma for the last 3 years. Prior to consulting she was the Sr Director, Industrial Performance and Director of Learning at Sanofi.
Competencies: Corporate strategy deployment, cost reduction, training strategies, Project Management, Change Management
Diplomas and Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (MBB), and Certified Training & Development Professional (CTDP), Prosci Certified Change Practitioner
For more information on Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training at the Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University, please contact:
leansixsigma [at] mcgill.ca
Why choose McGill?
An Institution of International Renown
McGill University is one of Canada's best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading universities in the world while the Desautels Faculty of Management is ranked as one of the world’s top international business schools. The faculty has been re-accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) for the maximum period of five years, and is a member of the United Nations’ Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative and the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a non-profit organization of leading graduate business schools worldwide.
Accredited Training Providers
The Program for Operations Excellence at the Desautels Faculty of Management offers training opportunities tailored to meet the needs of corporate executives and professionals. This program has been delivering quality and operations related courses to students and industry professionals for over twelve years in the Montreal and Toronto areas.
The Council for Six Sigma Certification is a professional accrediting body within the Six Sigma industry. The accredited training providers are rigorously reviewed to ensure that they meet an extensive checklist of compliance.