Why the McGill BCom?
- Ranked best public university in North America, #1 Canadian university and #20 among the top 200 universities worldwide in 2008 by The Times Higher–QS World University Rankings.
- Ranked the #1 Canadian research university for the 3rd straight year by Canada’s premiere news magazine, Maclean’s, , McGill received top ratings for quality of education, research performance and best students.
- The top ranking university for diversity of student population in both the Princeton Review’s annual guide to universities and the Times supplement.
- Rated by Peterson’s guide as a leading institution for undergraduate education in North America and the world.
What's unique about McGill’s Desautels Faculty of Management Bachelor of Commerce Program?
- Student quality: With the most selective and rigorous admission standards of any undergraduate business program in Canada, McGill attracts top students from around the world.
- Multicultural environment: One third of our students come from over 75 countries around the world and about 25% are Francophone. This unique multicultural environment provides our students with an invaluable opportunity to learn and develop in many ways beyond academics, opening numerous doors to future global networking.
- Global Focus: International experiences in McGill’s BCom Program are a top priority. International management is emphasized throughout its curriculum, including its unique Major in International Management. International exchange programs are offered with leading management schools worldwide, including Peking University (Guanghua School of Management), Institut d'études politique de Paris.
- Flexible curriculum: The BCom Program is unique in its combination of a solid disciplinary foundation and its curriculum flexibility. Students can develop highly specialized skills and build their technical capabilities (e.g. a Finance Major with a Minor in Math/Stats) or pursue a more liberal, well-rounded education.
- Unique programs: In addition to standard business offerings, the BCom Program at McGill offers two unique options: 1) Major in International Management, and 2) Honours in Investment Management.
- Student-centered services: McGill offers a student-centric environment providing students access to many services to facilitate their studies and their lives away from home. The BCom Office with its advising staff, Career Services, tutoring and computing support complement the multiple student support services on campus.
- Montreal: A safe, sophisticated, affordable and multicultural city, a cosmopolitan blend of old and new, French and English, European and North American. The city is home to two anglophone and two francophone universities ranking Montreal among the top 20 college towns in “The Best 366 Colleges” by The Princeton Review.